Friday, 17 October 2008 until Saturday, 18 October 2008
Development of an Objectives Structured Clinical Examination
17th – 18th October 2008
Dramatic changes have occurred in medical education in Indonesia resulting in movement toward competence-based curriculum, this has many challenges. The main issues include standardized procedures and quality assurance on every aspect in clinical skills assessment principles.
AIPKI is motivated to keep improving the quality of medical education to an internationally standardized curriculum through comprehensive and standardized clinical skill assessment. Therefore AIPKI is holding a workshop which has invited experts from University of British Columbia (UBC). The keynote speakers and workshop facilitators are Prof. Joan Fraser and Prof. David Fairholm.
Prof. Joan Fraser is the Director for OSCE Development for the Medical Council of Canada. Also, she is currently the Director of OSCE at UBC.
The keynote speaker will be highlighting advancing issues in medical education. Then in the workshops, there will be sharing in clinical skill training and OSCE which has been conducted in Indonesia. Prof. Dr. Nancy Margarita Rehatta, dr., SpAnKIC from Airlangga University, Ova Emilia, dr. M.Med.Ed, Sp.OG, PhD from Gajah Mada University, Kiki Lukman, dr.Sp.B-KBD., MSc. from Padjajaran University, and Ginova Nainggolan, dr., Sp.PD-KGH from University of Indonesia will share their experience of OSCE and their successes and challenges.
- To develop an item bank of stations for participating institutions
- To review station construction and develop stations
- To enable schools to design and implement an OSCE
1. To develop a framework for OSCE and construct items based on a template – each participant to develop 4 (four) stations
2. To develop a complete OSCE
3. To review logistics for planning and running OSCE
4. To review requirements for a standardized patient program
1. To write and construct OSCE stations
2. To develop and implement a complete OSCE
- Provision of resource materials
- Presentations of templetes for stations and examination planning
- Working groups for item and examination development
- Review of item development
- Group discussions
- Interactive discussions on station and examination construction
- Small group work to develop items
- Review and data storage of items into a bank
- Setting up and running a full OSCE
- Completion of objectivws and participant satisfaction will be evaluated
- Item quality will be evaluated and items provided to participants as a databank for local institutional use
Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Pelita Harapan 1st fl. Auditorium. Jl. Boulevard Jend. Sudirman (next to Siloam hospital)Lippo Karawaci, Tangerang
Steering chair : Prof. Irawan Yusuf, dr., PhD
Advisor : Eka J Wahjoepramono, dr.,Sp.BS
Coordinator : Nicolaski Lumbuun, dr., Sp.FK
OSCE team and assessment team of all 52 Faculties of Medicine in Indonesia. Each Institution will send 4 (four) members. This workshop is also open for participants from international institutions.
Each institution will contribute Rp.6.000.000,00 (six million rupiah) for 2 (two) members (before 10th October 2008). The fee includes: workshop, accommodation (based on twin share) for 2 nights at Imperial Hotel Karawaci, dinner and social event. Registration after 10th October 2008 will be charged Rp.7.000.000,00 (seven million rupiah) for 2 (two) members. Institution may also participate in seminar only (without accommodation) for Rp.2.000.000,00 (two million rupiah) per person.
International participant fee is US $ 500 per person which includes: workshop, accommodation (based on standard room) for 2 nights at Imperial Hotel Karawaci, dinner and social event.
Bank Central Asia, Super Mal Karawaci Branch
Prof. Irawan Yusuf, dr. ,PhD
Chairman of AIPKI(Indonesian Association of Medical Education Institution)
Eka Julianta Wahjoepramono, dr. Sp.BS
Dean(Medical Faculty of Universitas Pelita Harapan)
Secretariat of event:
Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Pelita Harapan Lt. 2
Jl. Boulevard Jend. Sudirman (Samping RS. Siloam)Lippo Karawaci, Tangerang
Telp. +62 21 54210130-3.
Fax. +62 21 54210133